MEDIAN PRICES CONTINUE TO CLIMB
FIVE MONTHS OF PRICE GAINS
Naples, FL (May 25, 2012) – Prices and optimism in the Naples Area housing market continue to climb. For the fifth consecutive month, the overall median prices have increased. We are seeing several signs of improvement for the Naples real estate market, according to a report released by the Naples Area Board of REALTORS® (NABOR), which tracks home listings and sales within Collier County (excluding Marco Island). The median closed price increased 22 percent overall in April 2012 compared to April 2011. This coupled with the fact that inventory continues to decline reflects the strength of the Naples market.
To read more of this article visit here.
7 Steps to Buy a Home in 2012
With all the talk about a bad economy, it’s actually the perfect time to buy a home in 2012, and here are seven reasons why this is the year to start looking for your dream home:
- Home prices are low. People need to sell, and there are several ways you can start looking for a home: Check the newspapers, cruise the streets for signs in the yard, or check online with real estate offerings in your area.
- Many people have lost their jobs or have had to take lower-paying jobs just to stay afloat and can’t afford their homes. They are looking to sell in order to go with something cheaper, like renting an apartment. This is something to take advantage of. It may sound like you are taking advantage of someone in need, but another way to look at it is that you’re helping someone to come out from under a heavy debt, a home, that they are struggling under.
- Banks are starting to lend this year. It’s taken a few years to rebound, but you should check with different banks to find out which ones are on board for making home loans. This will help stimulate the economy, and can help you get into the home you’ve been wanting for your family.
- There are new loan programs available to help first-time buyers and low-income families. Comparison shop before you make appointments with loan officers. Know what payment you can afford and have figures worked up to take with you.
- It’s still a buyer’s market, although this is starting to change in many areas. Interest rates are lower than they’ve been in 50 years, so take advantage of them this year. Next year they could go up, and continue to rise. The old saying is true, that you should strike while the iron is hot.
- Property tax deductions. Check with your tax consultant to see what deductions you are eligible for.
- Pride of ownership. Let’s face it, owning your home offers many benefits over renting. For example, painting the walls the color of your choice, growing a garden in the backyard or playing the music as loud as you want.
2 — National Cancer Survivor’s Day
4 — Full Moon
14 — World Blood Donor Day
15 — National Flip Flop Day
17 — Father’s Day
17 — Family Awareness Day
20 — Summer Solstice
MOVIE RELEASES: JUNE 2012
Friday, June 1
|Battlefield America (2012)||Marques Houston|
|Snow White And The Huntsman||Kristen Stewart / Charlize Theron|
Friday, June 8
|Madagascar 3: Europe’s Most Wanted (2012)||Ben Stiller / Chris Rock|
|Prometheus (2012)||Noomi Rapace / Michael Fassbender|
Friday, June 15
|Rock of Ages (2012)||Julianne Hough / Tom Cruise|
|That’s My Boy (2012)||Adam Sandler / Andy Samberg|
|The Woman in the Fifth||Kristin Scott Thomas / Ethan Hawke|
Friday, June 22
|Brave (2012)||Kelly MacDonald / Emma Thompson|
|Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter (2012)||Benjamin Walker / Dominic Cooper|
|Seeking A Friend For The End Of The World (2012)||Keira Knightley / Adam Brody|
Friday, June 29
|Magic Mike||Channing Tatum / Alex Pettyfer|
Visit Moviefone for upcoming Movie Releases…